Thursday, April 28, 2011

grasp


I had his grasp. I could feel his palm sweating in mine and a held on for dear life. He was amazed by my strength and commitment I had when it came to holding his hand. Half a world away I grasped his hand as if he was standing right next to me. I never wanted to let go, for a while I had never had a grasp this good before. My hand was comfortable and I was happy right were I was. Consumed in my own bliss.
But I had an itch that I couldnt ignore. A haunting it was the longer I tried to ignore it. My other hand was full of my own lifes things. Why couldnt this itch just disappear and he see that I'm happy? Can't he just except that for once in my life that I have a firm hold on something that means everything and more to me? Hesitation over flowed my body, i removed my grasp, only to follow that one commandment rule. Took care of the itch and when I went back to grasp that perfect hand I had found it didn't feel quite the same.
He isnt amazed by my strength or my commitment, infact, he believes I lack them both. I want to let go, I've never hated a grasp so much in my life. I've changed everything about this amazing grasp I once had. That itch just had to jump in and remove me from my bliss. I'll attempt to hold his hand, but a sudden jerk the hand tells me I shouldnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment