Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!!


A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold



He sat at the table in silence, thinking about how long him and my mom had been struggling with finances. "Six years." He said over and over again, amazed by how much time had gone by. Its amazing how fast time goes by when you pay no mind to it. Have you ever noticed that? Staring at a clock for 2 minutes feels like 2 hours, but when you look away 2 minutes feels like 2 seconds. My dad isn't a fast man, he will tell you he is, but I can tell you opposite. I have grown much to fast for him. I never gave him the opportunity to adjust.


My Dad has done alot for me through the past 2 almost 3 years. More than any Dad has ever done for their own daughters. Many times my Dad could have told me to get out of his house, but didn't. I don't know why he keeps me here, I know he loves me, but I am such a pain in the ass I wish I would leave.


In my life I have done alot of stupid stuff, said some stupid things, and acted in stupid ways. But I always thought about my Dad when it came to my education. I thought about six years ago up until now, how my parents struggled. I thought about how my dad laughed at the dinningroom table at mckean st even though everything around him was falling apart. I thought about the amounts he has given me, and my brothers and simply asked for nothing in return except a clean kitchen.


I am blessed to have him for a Dad in my life. He has shown me the importance of education and how your life will be if you dont have it. He has shown me dedication, hard work, and he has shown me unconditional love. I respect him for everything that he was, everything that he is, and everything that he is to become.



I love you Dad. Thank you for being the shove in my life instead of the push. Thank for you seeing great things in me and always just wanting the best. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment